My life feels a little circular these days. Two job changes in four months.
During both searches, I asked myself the same questions.
- Limit my search to [agile] shops?
- What do I mean by [agile]?
- Scrum project management with the XP discipline.
- Empowered, accountable product owners.
- Collaboration and reflection.
- User-centered product development.
Why such a narrow search?
- I want to accomplish something.
- I want to be inspired by my work and my co-workers.
- I want to be part of a real team
- I want to have fun.
- I want to balance my work and my personal life.
I don’t claim my criteria are the only way to achieve these ends but they are my path to them.